Sunday, November 7, 2010

SIMPLY GIVE ....DAY 8

SIMPLY GIVE... YOUR GRANDPARENTS A LITTLE VISIT (OR PHONE CALL IF THEY LIVE FAR AWAY)

what grandparent wouldnt like a little visit from their grandkids? recently, i have started to visit my grandparents atleast once or twice a month and its been so much fun!

my one grandpa is actually at a nursing home,and im not going to deny that it is really hard going to see him there sometimes..well, all the time! he has alzhimers and doesnt even know me so its pretty tuff! but it does bring a smile to his face to see hunter and carter!! he has always loved babies! not only do they bring a smile to his face but all the little old ladies there too! we have recently took a little lady under our wing named betty and she is the cutest little thing ever!! haha

grandpa laps and hunter

on sundays my fam goes and see's him! we tend to really liven things up around there!:)

grandma and grandpa smith & hunter
(shawn's grandparents that i love like my own)

ok,so if you dont live by your grandparents,alteast give them a call to say "hi" and if your grandparents do live around here and you cant make it to see them today, make plans to see them within the next week!


check back tomorrow to see what day 9 is of the "30 day live to give challenge"

side note... im going to be taking some goodies to all the peeps at my grandpa's nursing home if anyone would like to donate!things like easy crossword puzzles,chapstick,little brushes,decks of cards and little things like that! facebook me if you would like to donate or like to come with me to pass them out!:)


4 comments:

  1. Alivia! I love your blog. You have given me some very inspiring ways to bless others. It shows how good your heart is ~ Thank you for sharing!

    Marcia Radosevic

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww! thank you! im glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Logan & I try to make it to the INN at BELDEN VILLAGE, where my mother-in-law lives, at least every Thursday. Of course, she enjoys the visits, but the OTHER residents get such a kick out of him, too! Sometimes, all someone needs, is to know that they are seen by others. "Hi, how are you today?" may seems like a simple, insignificant phrase to the person saying it, but to the person that it is said to.... it can bring so much JOY!
    BTW- I enjoy your blog so much, Alivia! I can honestly say that I can't wait to see what's coming next!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks pam!!! i know,isnt it so fun going into a place like that and making someones day?!?! or actually everyones day when they see a cute little kid! :) thats great that you do that!!!!

    ReplyDelete