Monday, November 1, 2010

SIMPLY GIVE..... DAY 1

day one is here of the "30 day live to give challange"  and your very first oppurtunity to be a blessing....

    SIMPLY GIVE YOUR MOM A CALL (not a text)and TELL her you LOVE HER!

why not start this challenge with blessing the woman who is the reason you are here?!?! my mom has been a huge inspiration in my life and is the most amazing woman i know! i try to tell her everyday that i love her and thought that most people expressed their love for their moms until i had a little chat with my hubby! we were talking a few months back and i asked him why he didnt say "i love you too" when his mom told him she loved him! he said "i dont know why i didnt" then i asked him when the last time was that he told her and he didnt know! so this challenge is kinda for him too! haha while he does love his mom a lot he just felt uncomfortable saying it bc he got in the habit of not doing it! (btw...he gave me permission to use him as an example!)
 me and my momma being silly
 

im guessing your thinking one of 3 things....
1- youll say this is no biggie,i tell my mom i love her all the time anyway!
2- you'll be thinking that when you call your mom and say this she'll wonder what you want! :) she'll probably say "what are you up to? do you need a babysitter? money? want to come over for dinner?" and she will be plesantly suprised when you say it just because!
or 3- you'll be feeling a tad uncomfortable like shawn (my hubby) and that just means you need to tell her more often!!!!! not just today!!! (im sure you'll even bring her to tears!!!)
             be your moms #1 fan  (my little hunter)
                                      hunter and i on my very first mothers day!
cant wait till he says "i love you" (without me telling him to)
         talk about melting my heart!!!



1 comment:

  1. You know, I have been feeling convicted lately about how little I express this to my own mother. We have had a rocky history and even though I do not disrespect her, I know I do not tell her what she probably needs to hear very often. You are really on to something good here! Thanks! ~Angelique~

    ReplyDelete